Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chapters and Pacing

When writing Project #2 (or anything for that matter), I never break the story into chapters until I'm at the editing stage. Sometimes I break it into *parts*, and Project #2 seemed to naturally split into four parts while writing it.

So, one of the questions I'm asking myself now is, where do I insert chapter breaks?

I suppose there are rough conventions I could look at... comparing other books in my genre for average pages per chapter... but this post outlines a different way of thinking about chapter breaks.

In fact, I think it's just about the most comprehensive post I've ever read on pacing.

...one problem is, it's made me insanely curious to analyze the chapters of some of my favorite books... which is probably a very nerdy thing to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)