Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Something a little different 2

So, last time I showed my fall-back drawing style for fast, fun pictures. I've also done logos for people, usually friends who want to start a company or a band that never quite got off the ground... in fact, my profile picture of the black cat is part of a band logo where the members broke up before I finished it. Basically, the logo was a repeat of the same cat but done in different colours, black, red, green and blue. I use the red cat picture on another site with another moniker (not 1000th.monkey).

I won't post anything from my marketing days, nor will I post the only independent logo that *made it* out into the wide world, because it's actually on the letterhead of a local university's Student Business Association... which I made for free as a favour to someone, and never got credit for. Also, I was like 17 when I made it, it was the first logo-type art I had done, and in retrospect, I think it's kind of crappy.

Anyways, here's a few of those that ended up as unfinished/abandoned products. You might notice I'm kind of obsessed with shapes and how they fit together, whether complimenting or contrasting.

This was for someone who wanted to start a skateboard/snowboard clothing company.
I think this was for someone looking into franchising one of those water gas stations they have in California, or something like that. Water energy? I don't know, this so old I really can't remember.

This says MASEO (they wanted this kind of mirror-look) for some kind of non-profit company that never got off the ground.

This one's pretty self explanatory. I think it's my favourite out of these, I love how the 'oga' turned out... I really spent time on that, but was never happy with the shape of the 'y'.


By the way, for all of these, I started out with a pencil sketch, scanned it into Photoshop, then worked from there. I was only using a mouse, not a tablet. Also, I design them completely in black and white (so I'm only looking at shape) before I think about colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)