Sunday, September 4, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 12

Wow, September already! The summer certainly flies by when you're out of town almost every single weekend... and it looks like that's not going to change anytime soon :)

Welcome back all you SSS participants!

For those who don't know what that is, go check out the link and read some more snippets. Warning: not every submission (or site) should be read by those under the age of 18.

Last time, Simon fled the room when he couldn't take anymore of Faith's screaming and pushed his brother out into the hallway.

Hector’s face was white, but Simon stood staring at the frosted, grey glass door, one hand braced against the metal rails. The echos of her shrieks were still ringing through his ears, cutting through the veins and shredding the meat of his brain. After five days he had yet to meet a person in that room, only an empty shell or a raging squall, and each time he was stunned at how quickly she swung between the two extremes.
“This isn’t working, Simon, she’s just getting worse. What will we do? The madam said - ”

28 comments:

  1. veins and shredding the meat of his brain - oh my can feel that - very descriptive and can feel the tension too - they seem to be failing at their task....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! What a neat idea. I've just been perusing your blog here and it's nice to meet you. I just read HG for the first time this year too. Pretty cool you used to work for a video game studio. My MG story I just wrote has a lot to do with video games. I like your MG idea on your other page. You should go with it... would be unique for sure!

    Nice to meet you along the campaign trail. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, intense, and such vivid description.
    What did the madam say?? No fair leaving us hanging, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl, she is having a very, very bad time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this: "…only an empty shell or a raging squall…" Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, excellent description, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic descriptions! And the woman is a feisty one. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intense! Waiting to see where it's going

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting!. I'm still trying to get a sense of place here. Is Faith a prisoner?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very tense. I can really feel the pain and desperation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent six, so suspensful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a powerful six, with an equally tantalising hook. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a vivid description. I can see it all. Lovely six!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great description of how the screaming ws effecting him

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm feeling sorry for both Faith and Simon. And a madam? Is it that kind of "madam?" The plot really thickens if so. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really left us hanging! Not fair. LOL. Well-written six. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the effect you described, "cutting through the veins and shredding the meat of his brain." Wow, that's some shrieking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very visceral, I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love 'empty shell or a raging squall'. You've really painted a vivid scene with the last few posts and intrigued me with these characters. Terrific six, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your descriptions are so visual and arresting - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great description. Curious to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed your post, especially the part about her shrieks - very intense!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll echo a few other comments and say I loved the empty shell/raging squall imagery. Looking forward to reading more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent description! You've done a great job, and can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)