Sunday, September 25, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 15

Good morning all you SSS participants!

As always, I love it when you guys leave me comments (especially if you can point out mistakes I've made...) and, if you get lost, check out the 'Six Sentence Sunday' tab at the top to catch up.

Last time Hector watched (helplessly) as the madam hit Simon in the face and demanded to know what he had done to 'the girl'...


“I only tried to - ”
Before Simon could finish, she slapped him again.
Hector pushed his face into Simon’s back and squeezed his eyes shut, but he couldn’t escape the sound of the blow or the shuddering recoil of his brother’s body.
There was silence, and when Hector emerged, the madam was staring down at him, her rouged lips curled in bloody disgust. Across her left canine was a vivid curl of red stain and the flash of red on white was momentarily beautiful against her dark hair and golden skin.
“The two of you are useless,” the madam snarled, and the beauty was gone.

34 comments:

  1. The madam sounds like my kind of character... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, the blood on the the canine...sounds like a vampire. I guess she's really ticked off, eh? Nice 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely paced scene and as they say - living the moments. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew...great visuals...felt like I was there watching. Nice 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used colour to good advantage here. I see why some readers thought "vampire" - loved the line - and the beauty was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch. Mystery deepening!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such an intriguing story. I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely different from the last time I read this. You really feel this with Hector.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's one tough customer. Great visual with the red stained canine tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More mystery. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me more and more curious about the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the mysteriousness here. It makes e curious about what comes next! Great six!

    Amy Durham

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the oposites -- beauty and then it was gone. A powerful six.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well done. I'll have to go back and check out the previous six.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great juxtaposition--the beauty of the red and the horribleness of the woman. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta love a dominant female. But I wonder about these males, are they really as submissive as they seem? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hector is definitely a different individual. And the madam has tales to tell and not pleasant ones. But what about the girl? Love this six. Great description!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some great personalities peeking through here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great visual and emotions. I don't like her and pity them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vivid curl of red on her canine. Nice. Good use of color here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very powerful :) Excited for next Sunday's addition!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved the action. The choreography of characters written brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful villainess! You brought the scene to vivid life with your description. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. '...vivid curl of red stain ...'<<Love it! Nice 6. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Something tells me the madam might not be human ... which leaves me wondering about the other two, also. Nicely done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The whole thing is wonderful, but I particularly liked "momentarily beautiful" - impactful, that!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tense scene. That madam is one scary lady! Great six...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on the agent opportunity! Intriguing situation--more conflict and more questions!

    ReplyDelete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)