Saturday, December 10, 2011

Something to make you laugh

Okay, I've talked before about all the wildlife around *the witch's hut* and how the deer are a bit pesky, but we still like them.

So, my husband filmed something funny this morning:




...don't you love the witch-i-ness of our property? And this is after I power-washed 2+ inches of moss from the patio, chopped down the four-foot-tall grass with a brush-cutter and hacked away a ton of ivy to reveal whatever that is on the patio... I think it used to be a home-built smoker or something? There are cabinets, counters and a broken chimney with a fish on it.

8 comments:

  1. How cute! I can't believe how close to your home they are. I live in the desert so there is not much to look at. A few bunnies...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that's actually cool. A huge buck came into my yard once, and then went bolting down the street. Developers have taken over all their land, and now they don't know where to go. I love wildlife though. I probably would have taken pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were actually 6 deer there, but couldn't catch them all while filming :)

    They are pretty brazen, come right up onto the doorstep and look in the windows, then my cat hisses/growls and throws his body against the window... and they ignore him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me, this is like something from a movie - having Deer in the garden is just awesome. I once saw a deer in the field behind out house and I was talking about it for weeks - nobody believed me :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, brilliant! Love those deer :) The "good life" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was sweet! We have deer but no (bird)feeders to attract them; too many cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a different kind of foraging. I have bird feeders but they never attracted anything that big... although there was an extremely fat seagull that kept coming to feed, last winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the raccoons would take down any wandering cats and my cat is strictly indoors.

    I'd have loved to see a fat seagull trying to get into the bird feeder!

    The coolest thing is that we're like pretty much still in the city, just next to this tiny, protected wilderness.

    ReplyDelete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)