Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Picture Paints 1000 Words Blogfest

I forgot to mention I've joined the A Picture Paints 1000 Words Blogfest currently being hosted by Unicorn Bell.

Here's how it will work:
1. Sign up in Mr. Linky below.
2. Tell your friends any way you want and send them over to sign up for the party.
3. Choose a picture to inspire your short story (the story can be about what you see in the picture, or just something that it sparked in your imagination.)
4. On Monday-Wednesday (March 26-28), post your story of 1000 words or less and go around to visit the other participants. You may want to post early, see below.
5. The four of us at UB will do the same and pick our four favorites to post links to on Wednesday night. 
6. On Thursday you get to read the four and vote for your favorite.
7. The winner will be announced on Friday. They will have a choice between a first chapter critique from those of us at UB, or a $20 gift card to Amazon (courtesy of me).


They have 10 pictures posted which you can use as inspiration, and I chose the very last one of the path through the woods.

Anyone else signed up for this?

I like that it's not until the end of March so I can have plenty of time to fit it in amongst everything else :)

6 comments:

  1. I haven't signed up but thanks for letting me know about it. I must have missed their announcement about it. Going to check it out.

    Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll think about it. I seem to do better with word prompts rather than pic prompts. then again as they said - most are fantasy sci fi which I don't write in yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did choose the only completely non-fantastical picture ;) Though the treehouse one also looked interesting...

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard about this one. I might have to go and check out the pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)