Thursday, May 31, 2012

Quick 'n dirty update

I just crossed 34,000 words on 'Brake Fluid' and ended chapter 12 with the line:


“Oh shit,” I say, and drop the phone without erasing it.


At midnight tonight we're pulling 'the witch's hut' from the market.

...so, of course, I just got a showing request for 12:30pm today (must get to cleaning)

I've spent the last 2 days in the rain pulling ivy (which was fun, no really, I do like working in the rain)

Yesterday afternoon I had a pond-guy in to look at the dilapidated pool and give me his thoughts on turning it into a reflecting pond with plants/fish.

...due to his suggestions, I set 4 old hoses to siphon out the water overnight and now it's nearly empty!

(and looking even more like a cesspool)

Also, while we were in Seattle, 1/2 the lid on the septic tank collapsed in. Yeah. Perfect timing, eh? Gotta call someone about that...

So I'd say the witch's hut is in tip-top-witchy-viewing-condition for the showing today.



After the viewing, I figure the pool will be completely empty and I'll be able to get in there with the power washer, a big broom, and a shovel to clean out all the muck.

Yes, and maybe get some more writing done tonight ;)

(I'm feeling pretty good!)

4 comments:

  1. awesome line to end with, lol. Good luck with the showing. I remember trying to sell our house,it was such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done this before, but I'm trying to be really conscious of how each chapter ends. Sometimes it's difficult, and sometimes the ending line just comes out way too easily...

      I hear you on the house thing... after all, I've moved 8 times in 8 years, and only a couple of those were places we were renting.

      Delete
  2. You wouldn't like working in the rain today - too much rain. And that line...without erasing? what? the phone the message? ok maybe it's just me. I got inspriation and been writing almost steadily since yesterday. Not a lot of words but I've got a plan... (I heard that! you said "oh oh")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the MC's listening to a voicemail on Triss' phone.

      Yeah for inspiration!! :D

      I was out with my writing group today and did a little writing, and a little more when I got home. Tomorrow I'll be in Vancouver (family member's b-day) so unfortunately I know I won't get anything dome tomorrow, whether it be writing or work in the garden. The weather's nice here today though ;)

      Delete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)