Thursday, January 3, 2013

(Belated) Happy New Year!

Hey, guys, I know I'm a few days late on this... but I've been stuck in bed with the worst cold ever. This is the first day in over a week that I'm actually out of bed, vertical, and not feeling like I'm going to keel over at any moment*

Well, due to the overwhelming (or underwhelming) lack of responses to my last post, I suppose I shouldn't post any more first draft material in the near future.

The people have spoken! (or not spoken...?)

I'm pretty happy since today the husband is flying in from Victoria (he had to go back on the 26th for work), and we're going to hang around Vancouver for another few days. Since I'm finally kicking this cold, it'll be great to walk around together and enjoy this city we both love.


Anyways, hoping you all had great New Years' celebrations, or at least better than mine :)

...then again, who can compete with going to bed at 7pm, completely drugged up on cold pills?


*For the sake of humour, cold + cold pills + dyslexia = 38 errors/mistakes in writing this short post. And there could be more... those are just the ones I found, heavily aided by the always helpful 'red idiot squiggles'. Hence the reason why I've been suspiciously absent from the online world ;p

8 comments:

  1. My New Years was nothing...nada...I read a book in bed. However, this next week I am partying in Vegas. So I put New Years off a few days is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading a book alone in bed... sounds like my kind of party!

      Hope you have fun in Vegas! I've never been there, but would love to see the Cirque de Soleil show "O". I've heard it's out of this world.

      Delete
  2. i missed your last couple of posts since I've been absent from the internet as well...I'll have to go back and check them out. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      It's been a rough start to this new year...

      Delete
  3. Colds are not fun at all. And the last two months I've been virtually absent the blogs.

    So, you're writing a first draft and posting it on the blog to be read by all? Some agents/editors/publishers would consider this "published" work and not accept it as a query. Short excerpts are ok maybe, but to write an entire novel online could be risky. Not saying you shouldn't - but you may want to think about it, whether or not you post using pages or within the blog text.

    I read the last excerpt, and you write beautiful imagery description. I felt intimately connected to your characters. Loved the analogy between his father's surgery and his painting. You write beautiful prose.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, wasn't planning to post the entire thing... just, like, maybe until the end of the first chapter, then take it down.

      Thank you for the very nice compliments on my sketchy first-draft :p

      Delete
  4. Yuck, sorry about your cold! I got one just in time for Christmas and spent the whole week wrapped up and sniffling. Hope you feel better soon. It's been a busy month for everyone but hopefully the blogosphere will be back to normal this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you're also better by now?

      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)